I went on Christmas vacation on the 19th and came back on the 29th. So this entry is only going to be for 4 days 12/15-12/18. I am only going to list the junk mail for this week, and the week that I was gone (next blog post). No one is in the office right now, so emails, and phone calls will go unanswered. I will have a email sending, phone calling, form 1500 filling out, DMA complaint sending, envelope stuffing party after the new year.
On 12/18 I got a stack of nasty, moldy, old junk mail. I think they were from August. Some of them had a URGENT!! RETURN BY August blah blah date. I am going to ignore these. I have started the process to stop most of them already.
- Friends of John Boehner, Open Secrets page, opt out here
- Republican National Committee opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeastern Legal Foundation, Wiki page, Charity Navigator page, Source Watch page. Opt-out here: email@example.com also opt-out of Base Connect
- U.S. Border Security Council,Opt-out here or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (571) 425-4162 a project of National Grassroots Advocacy (no website) Washington State page. opt-out here email@example.com or call (571) 425-4162. Also contact The Delta Group (703) 914-1266
- Dick Morris, wiki page Stop Hillary Now opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org the email bounced back. I will be sending a complaint to the DMA.
- Secure America Alliance a program of United States Public Policy Council opt-out here: changes@PublicPolicyCouncil.org also op-out of Engage Direct Mail
- Mike Huckabee Citizens for Self-Governance, Wiki page, opt-out here email@example.com or call (512) 943-2014
- United States Justice Foundation. Charity Navigator, Source Watch page. Opt-out here or call (760) 788-6624. Also op-out through Response Unlimited. I contacted them months ago with no response, I will be sending a complaint to the DMA.
- College Republican National Committee, Wiki page, they are known for making the “Say Yes to the Dress” parody political add. Opt-out here: Team@crnc.org or call (202) 608-1411
- The Social Security Institute (SSI) opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org. also out-out of InfoCision Management Corporation email@example.com
3 from St. Joseph’s Indian School. Ug, I thought I had ditched the crazy misspelling but it is back 😦 It takes a full 90 days for them to stop. Here is hoping this is the last I see of them this year.
- The Humane Farming Association, Charity Navigator page opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help Our Wounded, opt-out here or call (888) 377 7964
I read about how the scammers will tell their victims not to talk about the scam and all the money the vicim is sending out. I have been on the look out for a good example. This letter has a great one:
“First, you must promise never to divulge the source of your next Fortune, because Mr. X knows from experience that you risk losing everything. That is why he is asking you to keep this a secret.”
That is where I am going to stop today. Tune in tomorrow to see what came while I was out galavanting in Utah.