I hope your Thanksgiving was good and that your parents and grandparents junk mail woes are under control. My plans fell through. I made the best of it by emailing a bunch of junk mailers and their direct mail fundraising companies. So when they rolled into work on Monday they found my “Remove from mailing list” email.
Since I am down to a reasonable amount of junk mail here is how the month of December is going to go:
- Scan into PaperKarma
- Email, and if it is email number 2: a phone call.
- Email to direct marketing firm, if I can find it
- If no response by the end of the week, fill out a complaint to the DMA
- If scam send in a form 1500
My experiment with PaperKarma is over. It was able to stop about half of the mail I scanned in. I will be doing a review of Catalog Choice vs. PaperKarma soon.
Next week I should be dropped from InfoCision, and American Target Advertising.
I am a Christmas decorations purest. Nothing before Thanksgiving. This weeks Christmas stickers are from Paralyzed Veterans of America.
- Christian Seniors Association sister organization to Traditional Values Coalition, Wiki page, Open Secrets page, opt-out here also opt-out with American Target Advertising
- American Family Association, Wiki page, Southern Poverty Law Center page, Charity Navigator page. This is why you don’t want me trolling through IRS documents: Keith Gann the CFO borrowed funds to pay for an adoption. It was probably international. Here is an article about how they are serial international adopters.
- Project Veritas run by James O’Keefe opt-out here email@example.com
- American Immigration Control Foundation, or this website AIC Foundation, Wiki page, opt-out here
- Hon. Eugene Delgaudio Public Advocate of the United States, Wiki page, Rational Wiki page, Open Secrets page, Daily Kos blog from February about corruption charges. Opt out here
- Rescue Operation for Animals of the Reservation ROAR a program of National Relief Charities, Charity Navigator page. Native American Times piece about NRC. Opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, Wiki page, Charity Navigator page, opt-out here
- Wounded Warrior Project, Wiki page, Charity Navigator page. Opt-out here. Their fundraiser is Creative Direct Response Inc opt-out here. There is a huge problem with people using vets as a front to a scam charity. The Daily Beast on the effectiveness of WWP. WeaponsMan has a great write up on Vet’s charities.
Here is what he has to say about WWP:
“The Wounded Warrior Project is one of those post-9/11 cash-ins. A guy named Steve Nardizzi was running a disease charity when he realized there was more public relations benefit, and more cash, to be had in the travails of the wounded.”
- Dr. Walter Barkley and Associates PO Box 1219 NL-3600 BE Maaraaen Netherlands.
- Logistic Pro Gerloczy Utca 7 H-1052 Budapest Hungery
- Uni Script 217 Centre St. #2210 New York NY 10013. BBB page. Apparently this is like a coupon you would use instead of your insurance.The BBB advises against using them. WKYT report on Uni Script.
- 4 Corners Alliance Group, a review of the MLM. In this case you need 1024 people in your 5th level to be full. You can only get commissions on your 6th level once your 5th level is full. Good luck with that. It is run by Cornerstone Alliance Group BBB page.
- Monarch HealthCare
- Uncle Credit Union
- Figi’s catalog filled with stuff only grandma would think is good any more.
Exhibit A: A double page spread of different fruit cakes
Not even the food stylist could make it look appetizing.