The letters I sent to the DMA are coming back:
This one is to Carl Olson and Jerome Corsi of State Department Watch
This letter is concerning a complaint that the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has received regarding mail pieces being sent from your organization to the above-named consumer. In our ongoing effort to build trust and be responsive to the consumers of the direct marketing industry, we are forwarding this complaint to you for your response.
Ms. [name] [relationship], Jennifer Bell, has tried repeatedly to remove her elderly [relationship] name and address from your organization’s mailing lists but has not been successful in having her requests honored. Please see enclosed correspondence. Ms. Bell has asked us to contact your organization to request that you remove her [relationship] name and address from your in-house mailing. Prospect and share lists.
The Direct Marketing Association encourages all marketers to adhere to its self-regulatory Guidelines for Ethical Business Practice and its Commitment to Consumer Choice (CCC) program http://www.dmaresponsibility.org/ and Compliance Center http://thedma.org/compliance/. This includes promptly honoring individual opt-out requests, whether the individual is a customer or prospective customer. Our guidelines require that you keep a list of consumers who have asked not to hear from you and remove them from lists you mail to, share or rent.
We ask your cooperation in complying with the consumer’s request in a timely manner. We would appreciate it if you respond directly to Ms. Bell and provide us with a copy of your response.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Lisa Brown Shosteck
DMA Corporate & Social Responsibility Department
lshosteck at the-dma dot org
Aww Snap! Lisa Brown Shosteck just laid down a can of woop ass from the DMA. BTW Lisa keep this letter on your computer, your gonna need it a few more times. I hope Carl Olson and Jerome Corsi write to me saying they are sorry for sending me so much junk mail. But I am not holding my breath. If this works I will make a blog post about it. In this case I will give State Department Watch until Christmas week. Anything after that and I will tell Lisa on them.
2 from Base Connect
- Disabled Police Officers of America, no website Charity Navigator page 0 stars. If that is not bad enough they are on the Tampa Bay Times list of America’s Worst Charities.
- Gary L. Stubblefield Special Operations for America, Open Secrets page, Opt-out here email@example.com
2 from American Target Advertising
- Christian Seniors Association sister organization to Traditional Values Coalition, Wiki page, Open Secrets page, opt-out here.
- Jesse Helms Center, Wiki page. Charity Navigator page Opt-out here
- Abraham Lincoln Foundation for Public Policy Research no website, Washington State page
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Wiki page, Source Watch page, Charity Navigator, Opt-out here.
- Liberty Institute, Wiki page Charity Navigator page (unrated)
- National Committee Against the UN Takeover a project of America’s Survival inc. run by Cliff Kincaid, opt-out here
- National Parks Conservation Association, Wiki page, Charity Navigator page opt-out here firstname.lastname@example.org Production Solutions makes their mail.
- National Anti-Vivisection Society, Wiki page, Charity Navigator page, opt-out here email@example.com. Some of you may not know what a vivisection is. It is a the dissection of an animal while it is still alive. BTW that link on the the word vivisection is not for the weak of stomach.
- Douglass Report opt out here
- Nutricell Health 165 Pleasant Ave. South Portland, Maine 04106. Featuring Dr Earl Mindell Wiki page Quack Watch page.
- Donna Carmela PO Box 8021 3503 RA Utrecht Netherlands.
And The Arthritis Trust of America PO Box 7003 Merrifield VA 22116-7003. This is a scam charity that has a scam sweepstakes attached to it. #48 Worst Charities in America. It is going to step 2 with the USPS.
2 mailpieces going to the Pricing and Classification Center in New York