An old scam by Publisher’s Payment Processing Inc. has returned. The main front group they are using is Readers Payment Service P.O. Box 2489, White City, OR 97503-0489. phone number 707-266-6673.
They are sending out fake subscription renewal notices for various newspapers. This company is not authorized to renew a subscription for any newspaper or magazine. They will also charge more than if you had renewed directly with the publication. Do not send them money.
Other front groups that they use are:
- Associated Publishers Network
- Associated Publishers Subscription Services
- Magazine Billing Network
- Orbital Publishing Group
- Publishers Billing Exchange
- United Publishers Service
Some of the targeted newspapers are:
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The Arizona Republic
- Cincinnati Enquirer
- Denver Business Journal
- High Country News
- Madison (Wis.) State Journal
- Merced (Calif.) Sun-Star
- Sacramento Bee
- San Antonio Express-News
- Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune
They have a ton of complaints on Complaintslist.com.